CUSM provides several options for students to cover any balance due.
Credit/Debit Card or E-Check
Mail check payments to:
Third Party/Sponsor Billing
- Be printed on company letterhead and addressed to California University of Science and Medicine (CUSM).
- Include student name and CUSM Student ID.
- Indicate the start and end date of the sponsorship.
- List all fees your organization will cover.
- Indicate the maximum amount that will be paid, if applicable.
- Include any special billing instructions.
- Include the complete billing address of your organization, including a primary contact name, email address, phone and fax numbers.
- Be signed by an authorized official.
Qualifications for Third-Party Billing
Outside organizations can qualify for third-party billing if:
- They will cover all or most of your tuition and fees.
- They will send payments directly to CUSM.
- They require an itemized invoice to be addressed in their name.
Outside organizations can't qualify for third-party billing if:
- Payments will be sent directly to you.
- Only proof of registration or a copy of your bill is required.
Important Information for Students Using Third-Party Billing:
You will continue to receive a monthly bill.
You are responsible for ensuring that payments made on your behalf are received in a timely manner. Please view the Billing Schedule and Key Important Dates.
If your third-party payer fails to pay, you are responsible for paying all charges due on your account.
Third-party payers cannot be billed for past terms or for any items that are not posted to your student account.
To determine if your sponsor has paid, please check your student account history on EMPOWER SIS Student Portal if your sponsor has not paid, please contact them directly.
Past Due Accounts
Payment of all tuition and fees are due by the end of the first week of each semester/payment period. If your account becomes past due, a late payment penalty charge of $200 will be assessed on subsequent bills. If your account remains unpaid/outstanding after your departure from CUSM, it may be referred to a collection agency and reported to a credit bureau.
A collection fee of $25 is assessed for each check/e-check returned for non-payment including any check in which payment is stopped. The check must be paid within 10 days, or it will be turned over to a collection agency, and the student will be liable for all collection costs and any other related costs. You will receive an e-mail notice regarding the returned check. The e-mail will include instructions for clearing the returned check. If an account indicates a history of returned checks, CUSM may suspend a student’s check writing privileges.