MBS Program Overview
The Master of Biomedical Sciences Program at CUSM is the foundation for a career in the health sciences or an advanced degree in the health field, such as MD, DO, DDS, PhD, or related professions such as nursing, pharmacy, research, physician assistant, and education. In the 10-month intensive program, students are immersed in core subjects in biomedical sciences such as neuroscience, biochemistry, human genetics, immunology, critical research thinking, and healthcare ethics.
CUSM's MD program faculty teach the MBS program courses. CUSM has extensive and global experience in medicine, research, and teaching. With a limited cohort of 60 students, personal focus and attention are provided to meet individual goals.
CUSM students are from diverse backgrounds with unique goals. However, all are interested in the university's mission to advance the art and science of medicine through innovative education, research, and compassionate healthcare delivery. CUSM is committed to supporting health equity and accessibility in the Inland Empire region of California and beyond. Preference is given to applicants from California's Inland Empire communities.
Guaranteed Interview with CUSM MD Program.
- MBS students concluding their program and for two years following graduation
- Students with a fall semester MBS GPA of 3.2 or higher and MCAT of 506 or higher.
- Must apply to the CUSM MD program through AMCAS
The conditional admit pathway is a competitive program, and the CUSM MD Admissions Committee will select up to 10 candidates following an interview and application review.
- Students currently enrolled in the MBS program
- Fall semester MBS GPA of 3.5 or higher and MCAT score of 506 or higher.
- Must submit AMCAS and CUSM secondary applications by stated deadlines
- Must take the MCAT before starting the MBS program or early in the MBS fall semester
- If offered a conditional MD acceptance, a student must graduate from the MBS program with an overall GPA of 3.7 or higher.
MBS Class Profile
Have a Question?
Prospective students may contact the CUSM Admissions office to schedule a tour or ask questions.