Applying to the CUSM MD Program begins with the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). AMCAS administers the Primary Application that all prospective students must complete.
The deadline for completing the AMCAS application for the fall 2024 entry, Class of 2028, is
November 30, 2023.
Process for applying to the CUSM MD Program
- AMCAS completion – Complete the application in full no later than November 30, 2023. For the AMCAS application process and requirements, please visit AMCAS website. CUSM practices a rolling admissions process, and students are offered acceptance throughout the interview season.
- The CUSM Office of Admissions receives applications from AMCAS, reviews them, and selects highly qualified applicants that meet CUSM criteria (hotlink to requirements page) to obtain a Secondary Application. The secondary application includes essay questions that aim to explore the applicants' attributes.
- The applicants who are invited to submit the CUSM Secondary Application package must include payment of a non-refundable $100 application fee. An application fee waiver may be granted based on the applicant's AMCAS Fee Assistance Program Status. The Secondary/Supplemental Application submission deadline is December 30, 2023.
- CUSM Secondary Review - The CUSM MD admissions committee reviews the AMCAS and Secondary Applications from the pool of applicants. The committee selects candidates for the interview process. Applicants are notified of their status via e-mail.
- Interview Day-The virtual interview process will include a video assessment in which
applicants will be asked a series of pre-recorded questions to respond to in a set
amount of time. This assessment should only take 30-60 minutes to complete and can
be done in your own time.
Additionally, applicants can participate in the virtual Q&A session with faculty to review the CUSM curriculum and research opportunities at CUSM and be invited to participate in a Q&A with student ambassadors.
- Committee Decision - The CUSM MD admissions committee will review all application materials, including primary, secondary, and interview-day evaluations, to classify the candidates as Accepted, Waitlisted, or Rejected. Candidates will be notified of decisions via e-mail. Admission decisions will be released periodically in September for Early Decision Candidates and in October for other applicants.
- Visit-In-Person (VIP) Days – CUSM will hold two VIP days in the spring for accepted and waitlisted candidates who wish to visit the university. Eligible attendees will receive information about dates, registration, and agenda via e-mail.
- AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool By May 15 – Accepted students must indicate either Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll at CUSM.
By June 24 – Accepted students must indicate their Commit to Enroll status.
*Qualified students are admitted in compliance with federal and state non-discrimination laws. CUSM complies with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disability Act, as outlined in the Services for Students with Disability policy.
|DEADLINE||2023-2024 AMCAS Application|
|May 01 2023||AMCAS application submission begins|
|August – December 2023||CUSM MD Applications are accepted. Secondary applications are emailed for completion to qualified candidates. Please note we have added the CASPer Assessment for applicants that have completed the Secondary application only.|
|September 2023 – April 2024||MD Program Video Interview and Assessment & CUSM Virtual Engagement Day|
|November 30, 2023||Deadline to complete Primary Application to AMCAS|
|December 30, 2023||Deadline to submit completed Supplemental Application|
|Decision Notifications||Offers of Admissions are made on a “rolling” basis.|
|May 31, 2024||Per the AMCAS Application and Acceptance Protocol for Applicants, if you receive additional acceptances following April 30th, it is your responsibility to promptly notify any school(s) you have decided to not attend.|
|June 24, 2024||CUSM Deadline for Commit to Enroll (CTE)|
|July 15-19, 2024||Year 1 Orientation Week|
|July 19, 2024||White Coat Ceremony - to the Admissions timeline. Place it after Year 1 orientation week line.|
|July 22-26, 2024||Orientation to Clinical Skills Week (Mandatory)|